What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Marketplace for Writers

RedBubble should offer products which feature written works. Writers should be able to sell products through RedBubble.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Luke BrannonLuke Brannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Colleen2012Colleen2012 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving this idea. I have writings that i would like to see on the market so I agree lets add more options as to where we can put our writings. Thumbs up for more opportunities for us.
    Maybe even BOOKS! Now there is a WINNER.
    BOOKS...BOOKS...BOOKS
    Love Colleen2012

• Elisabeth DuboisElisabeth Dubois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am all for it, too...many artists are diverse and not only, paint, photograph but also write...nice to be able to sell all you have to offer. :)

• Russell HolderRussell Holder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such an amazing concept to using 'the writing available' as well as offering a humble writer a chance to get in on 'the money making aspect of the whole picture.' Kudos to you Luke... for your attempts to make the 'hearts of writers count for something here,' and not just a paltry 'collaboration' to the sake of vanity.

• Nancy AmesNancy Ames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea, much overdue, and I heartily applaud your initiative and suggestions. Thankyou, thankyou, etc. Now lets make some money!

• Luke BrannonLuke Brannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can RB sell written works?

1. As author assembled chapbooks
    2. As reader assembled chapbooks
    3. As downloadable audio files
    4. As group anthologies
    5. As framed prints
    6. Interior Greeting Card messages

• LindaRLindaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and vote YES!! I feel it would benefit the writers and those who appreciate them ~ also it could help differeniate RB in the marketplace ~ so many writers have so few ways to promote their talent.

• Luke BrannonLuke Brannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! Please spread the word and get your writer friends to vote! Let's get this in the top 10.

• Sarah BentvelzenSarah Bentvelzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RB could create chapbooks. Individuals could sell a collection of their own poetry or short stories in a chapbook, groups could create their own chapbooks of featured writers or competition winners. RB could create special chapbooks with the most popular writers within the RB community. Chapbooks could also be available to artists. I assume that obtaining ISBNs would be the major concern with this idea, but RB is pretty awesome and I'm sure they can come up with something =)
    Chapbooks don't cost a lot to make and are usually sold at a low price, so it would be good for those writers who are concerned about people not purchasing their works while they are free for viewing on RB.
    Just an idea... I'll try and think of more =)

• T. Mick DonaldT. Mick Donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like it. But in that case, as authors, we would (should) only post teasers to longer works. Otherwise, why would someone purchase a four-line poem that they can read and write down for future perusal. In the case of a novel in progress, it's a great idea because people would be able to buy chapter by chapter and always look forward to what's coming next.

• Taft  SowderTaft Sowder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a great idea. RB would have to come up with an acceptable contract specific for writers, but it would be easy to accomplish. Of course writings would have to be resubmitted or whatever, but I'm sure RB could figure it out. And besides, that's just more money for RB to generate. Great idea I support this fully!

• CDeblinCDeblin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've wondered since I joined why no writing available for sale!
    I can think of three reasons why though - 1/ how would the writer 'cost' their piece/s of work for sale? 2/. How much would RB want as comminssion? and 3/ As writing has many genres like the other 'Art' here, I feel the facility would have to be in sections and each run by at least 2 individuals. Writing takes so much more time to read!
    But there is certainly talent AND a market out there.
    I support the idea whole heartedly!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base