What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Limited products selection.

I think we would sell more if we put our work on things like coffee and travel mugs, key chains, bumper stickers, mouse pads, tank tops, temporary tattoos, flags, Christmas ornaments, bags and backpacks, wooden boxes, or even wall and window clings, wrapping paper, and gift bags. I have a lot of ideas for things like these, and think other RB artists do too. Also when talking to people about me work on RB they tend to ask about things like these, if they can get get my work on that. I am sick of saying "Well no... not on that...um not on that either...ect..." I think saying yes you can get that would have more people buying and less people shopping cafe press instead.

735 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
cultlestatcultlestat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LadyRuneLadyRune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mugs and magnets! I'm a collector of magnets and who doesn't desire a new cute/funny/artistically interesting mug? Those two alone are seen as merch for many movies/books/etc.

Everything suggested here sounds amazing (not to mention, I can already pick our what creations I'd like to see made into them), but those are the two I keep hoping for each new item notice I see...

• KellyGilleranKellyGilleran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get requests for magnets and patches a lot... also bigger stickers, like even 5"x6" would be great.

• dariminidarimini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is that redbubble would have to find vendors (GOOD ones) for each of the new products. Redbubble already uses Uncommon for their iPhone cases, and Uncommon really screwed up the design of the iPhone5/5s case and had to issue me a voucher. So they lose money whenever the vendor screws up.

• chris0178chris0178 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think with so much artistic talent actually free hand drawing designs on this site, that the idea of also creating and selling original tattoo designs on redbubble is genius! Brilliant concept using a designers individual creativity to be sold as a prospective clients next body art tattoo design..worn for a lifetime! Fantastic concept to add as a product to buy! :-) And can use a permanent tattoo or option as temporary tattoo..

• PlAsMaXSuIcIdEPlAsMaXSuIcIdE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a Track jacket that would be amazing hoodies are just to bulky for my but i love me some track jackets...and i mean look how many aperture ones jinx sold I think it would be great.

• AerinahAerinah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heck yes to mugs! There are tons of awesome designs I want to buy, but I am not a t-shirt or hoodie kind of person, and there are only so many places to put stickers and posters. But as a tea addict I'm always on the lookout for cool new mugs. And I know I'm not the only one. Mugs please!!!

• SamSteinDesignsSamSteinDesigns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wooden boxes would be really cool. I could give gifts in them and instead of throwing away the wrappings, people could keep the box!

• JBonnetteArtJBonnetteArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I don't mind the limited selection here since I run multiple stores featuring my art. It gets to be cumbersome to put up new art everywhere if I have to format for 200+ items for each image. RedBubble allows me to get my biggest sellers (shirts) up fast without a fuss while I work on setting up the sections in the bigger shops which offer the hundreds of items.

• cultlestatcultlestat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you might try mini calendars, more image placement options on things like shirts, more color options on matting and framing, laptop sticks, gift cards, wishlists, shower curtains, teddy bears with a design printed on their belly, glow in the dark gear, envelopes, Maternity sizes, lanyards, beach towels, plastic plates, pet tee shirts, coasters, belt buckles, folding fans, or how about THE OPTION TO HAVE PAYMENTS SENT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT?

also buttons, patches, more color, size,and style options on things like shirts, sweaters, phone charms, place mats, printing written works, pillow cases, maybe print on shirt sleeves, button up shirts, note cards, balloons, foam cup holders, book marks, wrist bands, scarves, magnets, and car magnets might also be good ideas.

You might also consider crop tops, hats, kids jackets, metal signs, purses, wallets, otter boxes, laptop cases, throws, throw pillows, spare tire covers, umbrellas, folders, sketch books, ties, gift boxes, scarves, book covers, kindle and nook cases, and android cases.

printing on BOTH front AND back of shirts and the like would be nice too, as would putting work INSIDE cards.

In addition buffs, clear baked stickers, and bigger wall posters are all things I have talked to people about.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base