What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

More Colors And Brighter Prints

I have recently been annoyed with Redbubble works because there is hardly any colors and also i have been very upset because the shirt prints are really dark and not meeting the original color and when i put background glows on my work it turns out grey when it should be cyan, light green etc.

It would be AMAZING to include some of these colors for shirts into Redbubble:

Aqua
Violet
Bright Green
Bright Turquoise
Cyan
Teal
Pink
Hot Pink
Lime Green
Kelly Green.

And also PLEASE MAKE THE PRINTS THE ORIGINAL BRIGHTNESS!!!

713 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
georgeybrogeorgeybro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FantalityFantality commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to my pretty pastel colours? D:
    Why is everything so dark and gloomy now? I really liked those gorgeous bright colours that really make shirts fun and pop! It might be hard or expensive but we have such a wide range or dark and neutrals already; some people want their shirts to scream "HEY! LOOK AT MY COOL SHIRT!" not "I'm having a bad day. Please leave me alone."

• J. StonekingJ. Stoneking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree MORE.

They use American Apparel shirts, which have a vast array of colors. Yet, on this site, we are so limited. Now they announce they are deleting specific colors. Including light yellow.

There are NO OTHER YELLOW OPTIONS left.

I asked for a darker yellow some time ago, and that went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

They obviously don't care if we have colors to choose from. I don't get it. I've seen other digital shirt printing sites that offer far more colors than this site does. When I tell them if they don't offer these colors they tell me they would be "sorry" to see me go. "Sorry" is just a word. True "sorry" is an action. Show us actions, Red Bubble...get more colors. Otherwise the word is just uttered and forgotten.

• TechnoKhajiitTechnoKhajiit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My biggest problem aside from the fact that they don't print peach (like caucasian skin) well on the designs is the fact that the two orange color options for shirts/hoodies are absolutely atrocious. The lighter one is pretty much Dandelion and the darker one is far too close to being red. Please fix, RB?

• dkatiepowellartdkatiepowellart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

turquoise, purple, lime green, a rust color, and please understand that men like color too. my husband wants a pale blue long sleeve option, and a better blue option (he hates navy blue) and so, get hip with colors please. I have clear colors on my designs and frankly, they look bad on a LOT of th ecolors here because they are all LLBean colors. boring!

• Uncle McPaintUncle McPaint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AQUA T-SHIRTS! Yes, a few more colors choices! I pass blue-green shirts downtown and think how great my designs would be with that color. (and maybe also lavender.)

ALSO...indeed, more colors for long-sleeves would be fantastic.

I love you, Uncle McPaint

• YapityYapity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with the printing is not so much that there are no bright colors, but that the ink soaks into the shirt. The solution is to change the way the shirt is printed. By using a more acrylic like ink, it won't soak in as much. Or, they could put down a base layer of clear, more solid ink and print on top of that.
    Looking at graphic tees from other stores and places like Hot Topic, it can obviously be done. Redbubble has just decided to go with cheap quality printers. I can see why, the T-shirts can get quite expensive when you include shipping, but personally, on some of my brighter colored works, I would never buy the shirt at all because it looks so dull.

• todayitodayi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus 100! Now everybody's talking rgb and CMYK here, but that's not even the case here. I'm new on RB, and as far as I see -even the previews alter the original colors. Yes printing is in CMYK, but when I print my colors at home - they are correct. I work in CMYK and I actually get it (at home). I just hope the end product (tees) will come out brighter....

• TheWhittleTheWhittle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would really love my shirts to be the right Hue. My stickers and cases look great, but the shirt prints look dull and boring. I work with a lot of pixels and need them to really pop to get the effect i want. Still love using redbubble despite the shirt quality

• YentuocYentuoc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can understand why the ink can't change but ink has noting do with the shirt colour selection currently on offer. Some new fresh shirt colours would be amazing! Especially for kids clothes.. more pinks and purples please

• JBonnetteArtJBonnetteArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also note that bright, high saturation colors may look great on screen, but they will tend to muddy in printing because the printer pumps more ink the more saturated the color is. It's like putting too many layers of watercolor on each other, they get muddy and dull. You also run into the problem of images looking different on different computer setups. If they aren't running the same monitor profile you are, what the RB folks see may vary a lot from what you see on your monitor.

I find that, for printing, I have to adjust my brightness and contrast by 15-20% and 5-10% respectively to brighten things up a bit. That usually helps alleviate some of the darkening issue if it's not super bright colors.

• AmayaxSinAmayaxSin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As much as we would love more colors that just won't happen. All printers ever created only print in CMYK which is like a different color scale than RGB. Now red green and blue can be printed, but it'll be under CMYKs color scale. K also means black which is why things come out dark. If you don't want your prints to come out really black then don't work in pitch black. It's up to the creator to make their shirts look good, clothing companies do all the time, but RB is just a print company, they just print what you give them. Work in CMYK so you can get an idea of how your work will look.

• SiriusPutschSiriusPutsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those are some fabulous spring and summer colors!

I live in Seattle where I wear long-sleeve t-shirts at least 6 months out of the year. Redbubble offers only 7 colors in long-sleeve, including black and white.

I want to see some good fall and winter long-sleeve colors! (They used to have brown, and I would be so happy if they would just bring that one back!!! But gold, creme, light grey, blue, dark red, and dark green would be a more complete selection)

Feedback and Knowledge Base