What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Bulk Delete for Group Galleries

group moderators should have the ability to delete an entire page of gallery with a delete button rather than having to erase one image at a time.

262 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
J.K. YorkJ.K. York shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Andreas KoepkeAndreas Koepke shared a merged idea: Mass delete art from a group  ·   · 

121 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dgscotlanddgscotland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please...would make lots of sense and would save me a lot of time as two of the groups are HUGE!

• Mary SediciMary Sedici commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big groups and those growing very fast really need the bulk delete option. Using IMicros to delete pages, takes ages. Also, when using IMicros, we do not have control over which pages will be deleted. Thus, featured works are deleted as well, and removed from Permanent Featured gallery.

• Peter StrattonPeter Stratton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am disappointed that, since the last revision/update, prior discussions on this subject have been deleted. I had received commentary that the RB staff was not concerned about image storage and that more pressing projects had taken priority. It seems, by the dates of previouis comments, and that is issue ranks 120TH in importance, that this is very low on the totem pole and hosts should not be in the least way concerned about how many images their groups contain. After all, the images are NOT stored on thier computers! Removing images from groups constitutes no more than make-work for those who have no reason be be conerned.
    I simply encourage all hosts of all groups to remove their posting quantity limits which serves only as an annoyance to members.

• LoneAngelLoneAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree .. I am trying to clean out my group and it is taking so much of my time even with the help of the members .. my group is a huge group with a vast amount of members .. so we do have a great number of pages

• Country  PursuitsCountry Pursuits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea.
    It would also be good to see the return of the group BM as group participation has slumped drastically since it's removal.

• AcerIIAcerII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one idea I would cast all my votes for is allowed more than 3!!! It is despertely needed for hosts!! Removing old stuff from gallery is a tedious and time comsumming job and makes me want to quit hosting.....with all the other changes that come down from RB to increase sales etc. I think this ONE GOOD SUGGESTION FOR HOSTS NEEDS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND IMPLEMENTED!!! HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO DO THIS???? My question is HOW MUCH DO YOU VALUE YOUR HOSTS HARD WORK ON YOUR BEHALF?? Come on guys ..... it's time to give us a little consideration in ALL we do for you!!!!! It's not asking toooo much!!!!

• sarnia2sarnia2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would SO appreciate a Bulk delete programme that would help us to delete images that are say...over a year old in groups. I took on a group that had tons of pages already, and it's taking forever to get through them, and personally, do not have the time to do so, where it makes a difference!
    I have put out messages to members to delete their older stuff, but some of them are not as active on RB as they used to be,so don't get the message. Other members have been kind enough and removed some of their older material but it really makes only a very tiny dent in the 'spring-clean.'
    It is something that really needs to be looked at.
    As hosts we are volunteers who enjoy what we do but we are also juggling our time with family or work life as well, and this would help us immensely.

• Marcelle RaphaelMarcelle Raphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG! PLeASE! All we need is a simple little box we can click next to each image on a page. We check it and then click a delete button...... only those previously checked go away. I just spent two weeks deleting 5000 images from a group.

• DeeZ (Darlene L Honeycutt)DeeZ (Darlene L Honeycutt) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We hosts really need the ability to select multiple works and/or pages to delete from a group...this should be a very simple enhancement...like the one you all provided for individuals under the Edit Button called "My Works" how about one called "Group Works" with the same sort of functionality. We also really need multiple sort options to locate members of our group by display name, not just B-mail name....or best all to search for them within a group!!!

• SunsetdazeSunsetdaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A hearty and whole-hearted YES! This is really a vital function hosts should have access to and I'm sure our clever website administrators would know how to install it. We like to keep our group's pages down to 100 and this would save heaps of time. *Please*

• Peter StrattonPeter Stratton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree!
    In a discussion I started, http://support.redbubble.com/discussions/questions/12465-limits-on-amounts-posted-and-approval-required Geetwee commented:
    "At the group I host we tend to keep the pages well below 150. When we delete we delete back to 50 pages and use a macro tool that runs in the browser and mimics a host pressing the delete button." It seems to me Geetwee has a ready-made application available? Maybe ask for it?
    Considering more than a year has gone bye, I would encourage our muchly appreciated RB Tech Team to 'flip' the In Basket and proceed accordingly!
    Thanks, muchly, or is this simply an entry into a timeless, bottomless Suggestion Box?
    Pete

• Clare ColinsClare Colins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As hosts, with a lot to do, we need an easy way of highlighting images no longer required and then deleting in bulk.
    Please RB, help us to help you.
    Clare

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base