What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Front and Back Prints

I think it would be a good idea to give Users the option to submit Two designs for a single T-shirt or Hoodie (one design for the front and one for the back)
an example: a small symbol, title, or logo on the left breast and a full sized image for the back

3,034 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paultasticopaultastico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Not Yet  ·  Russell GreenwoodAdminRussell Greenwood (Admin, redbubble) responded  · 

Due to the current Print-on-Demand process, this really would cost in excess of twice as much as a normal single sided garment to print. We don’t believe right now that there is a feasible market for this exact kind of two-sided printing at a higher price point, but what we are definitely working towards are all-over printed T-Shirts which are constructed slightly differently (similar to our new leggings) to make this process a little more efficient and therefore keeping the price down for customers.

Thanks for the feedback.

77 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EightBarCodeEightBarCode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do second this idea... I just came with few designs which are having both front and back to "play" with each other... on other platforms I'm using, it's more expensive to have both front and back printed, but at least possible... like this one - http://screencast.com/t/IfTyqW5mX9

• rideybikesrideybikes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a whole range of products ready to upload that perhaps don't really make sense as apparel unless i'm able to print different designs on the front and the back. These designs would not work as patterns like the leggings.

Might I suggest Russell that perhaps the option should be made available to designers and the customers should be allowed to vote with their money?

• Mount Burnett ObservatoryMount Burnett Observatory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to say that this would be dead useful to us too, we've had requests from a few folks now about this, including one for a hoodie for our young observer group members with their group name/logo on the front and a large MBO logo on the back.

• KozmoKittieKozmoKittie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this option as well. I found 2 designs from the same artist that would be perfect for a double printing (they go perfectly together and really better as a double print). They do have the option as front or back, so there would be no resizing for the design at all. And I was willing to pay full cost - like I was buying 2 shirts, but no go. Very sad as I won't be buying either of them as I said above they go much better together than separate

• OrbifoldTarotOrbifoldTarot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this option, too! Full-sized image on the front and smaller logo on the upper back, or full-sized image on the back and smaller image on the left breast. This is pretty common with mass-produced garments, though I see how the POD process makes it more cost-prohibitive. In my case, the small logo would always be the same, if that option reduces cost (one image, one template/screen = lower cost, no?)

• tmpsgtmpsg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eventually that $15MIL investment capitol from 05-15 is going to run out for RB and investors & shareholders are going to be clamoring for their profits. Good old fashioned "Customer Service" & "Public Relations" are a long term alternative to speculative acrobatics on the "Ventura Highway".
    Time will tell if common sense implementations of the blatantly obvious options like front and back printing will take hold in this company sitting at the cusp of what could be a precarious situation with too many false steps.

• tmpsgtmpsg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

http://www.zazzle.com/front+and+back+tshirts

RB is assuming MY CLIENTS that I send to RB's website can't count and are too incompetent to calculate a tally in their shopping cart. If MY CLIENT is willing to pay $1,000 for MY DESIGN front & back so be it!

I've lost a LOT of business due to this one issue. It's getting old having to write e-mails to MY CLIENTS telling them they need to go to yet another website to get what THEY WANT. By the time you explain that you as an Artist & Marketer and RB are not the same company, that RB is just a manufacturer, and that RB can't do this or that, but this other company can, and that they have to go and figure out the interface, protocols, and algorithms of a different manufacturer they give up and buy something else.

• William BraddockWilliam Braddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See.me is a website that was based out of NY City and they offer full front and back printing for artist. T-shirt retailed for 39.95. And had a $6 profit for artist. They have since changed their model and no longer offer products. But it maybe worth contacting them about their process. It may have to be outsourced to HK or China like the pencil skirts and the scarves.

• Expandable StudiosExpandable Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had specific customer requests for this and have had to direct them to Spreadshirt instead. The market is there. I don't see why it would cost twice as much as a one-sided shirt; you're still only paying for one shirt, just the extra cost of a second print. If it's feasible on Spreadshirt for only a few dollars more, I don't see why it's not feasible for Redbubble. It's unfortunate that I have to use Spreadshirt for these kinds of orders as it costs me a lot more time and takes away from my established Redbubble shop.

• KarDanCreationsKarDanCreations commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had suggested this a long time ago... ability for a small logo size image on front and a full size image on back. And with capability of varying F/R images accordingly. Full size F/R would be great to cover other design ideas that way.

• MonTikiMonTiki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have run into the same thing. I am currently sending my business to another print on demand site and they don't charge double. Come on Redbubble team. We want to give you our business.

• WorkoutAmericaWorkoutAmerica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yup, just ran into the same thing. i have a design for a shirt with a front and a back and apparently RB doesn't do that (what?!)
    i've worked in the print bus and have done a bit of basically every aspect. printing sleeves is a real pain. i can understand why a print-on-demand co. would resist that, but to not offer the basic left-chest, full-back placement? nuts. just nuts. i'm sitting here just tsk-ing away.

• MontaraMikeMontaraMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it strange that you find this not feasible and is the main reason I no longer use Redbubble.

• DenaJarawrDenaJarawr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the contrary, you would get MORE business and allow artists more flexibility with their branding if you were to support front/back designs.This seriously needs to happen.

• bigbraingirlbigbraingirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are very wrong in your assumption about not having a feasible market for front, back and sleeve printing. I do this for almost every client I have in one combination or another. And I have to go to aother esource to do so. You could be making a lot more money here and so could I!

• WalkingAdWalkingAd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the customer the option, I would be willing to pay an additonal fee just to have a two sided design on apparel. There are some prints that can be made into a double sided design and look great. I see no reason why this cannot be done at a fair cost to both parties.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base