What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Front and Back Prints

I think it would be a good idea to give Users the option to submit Two designs for a single T-shirt or Hoodie (one design for the front and one for the back)
an example: a small symbol, title, or logo on the left breast and a full sized image for the back

2,757 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
paultasticopaultastico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Not Yet  ·  Russell GreenwoodAdminRussell Greenwood (Admin, redbubble) responded  · 

Due to the current Print-on-Demand process, this really would cost in excess of twice as much as a normal single sided garment to print. We don’t believe right now that there is a feasible market for this exact kind of two-sided printing at a higher price point, but what we are definitely working towards are all-over printed T-Shirts which are constructed slightly differently (similar to our new leggings) to make this process a little more efficient and therefore keeping the price down for customers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • MonTikiMonTiki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have run into the same thing. I am currently sending my business to another print on demand site and they don't charge double. Come on Redbubble team. We want to give you our business.

• WorkoutAmericaWorkoutAmerica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yup, just ran into the same thing. i have a design for a shirt with a front and a back and apparently RB doesn't do that (what?!)
    i've worked in the print bus and have done a bit of basically every aspect. printing sleeves is a real pain. i can understand why a print-on-demand co. would resist that, but to not offer the basic left-chest, full-back placement? nuts. just nuts. i'm sitting here just tsk-ing away.

• MontaraMikeMontaraMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it strange that you find this not feasible and is the main reason I no longer use Redbubble.

• DenaJarawrDenaJarawr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the contrary, you would get MORE business and allow artists more flexibility with their branding if you were to support front/back designs.This seriously needs to happen.

• bigbraingirlbigbraingirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are very wrong in your assumption about not having a feasible market for front, back and sleeve printing. I do this for almost every client I have in one combination or another. And I have to go to aother esource to do so. You could be making a lot more money here and so could I!

• WalkingAdWalkingAd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the customer the option, I would be willing to pay an additonal fee just to have a two sided design on apparel. There are some prints that can be made into a double sided design and look great. I see no reason why this cannot be done at a fair cost to both parties.

• MukatahrenMukatahren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can get a single colour, double-sided T-shirt printed for eight dollars out in the real world. I don't see the problem here.

• jonmcclayjonmcclay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to get shirts made that have a club on the back and art on the front. It would be incredible if you supported this.

• gairwisegairwise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am flabbergasted that this isn't a thing.

All ya gotta do is flip the shirt over. You can make an extra five bucks a shirt by flipping it over!

• EclipsedoneEclipsedone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found this thread after posing this exact question direct to an artist.Maybe he can point me to a site that sells his/her designs that does implement this.I mean how hard would it be.Is it a matter of pricing and artist reimbursement?I mean you guys already have the item in the printing shop what is the big deal with flipping it over for another go.I mean that is a lot of wasted real state.especially on a Hoodie/Sweatshirt.Sigh....this shouldnt even be an issue,it shoudl eb a given.

• MRZAMRZA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to buy zipper hoodie but I can't due to front print placement. It should be on the left or right side! Please, make it possible to choose!

• AdvsInfinityAdvsInfinity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing for designs that belong to a particular series, with whatever original piece in the front and a consistent branding on the back, definitely want this to happen soon!

• killtosurvivekilltosurvive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really useful! I really hope this idea comes through; i think the whole Redbubble community would benefit from this. Please do it!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base