What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Print in the UK / EU

I love to buy Redbubble t-shirts, but I don't like the fact that they are shipped from the other side of the planet which means I have to wait longer for them, pay a customs charge to collect them from the post office and also means they have mega air miles, so I feel distinctly un-green :(
Products printed in and shipped from the UK (or even the EU) would be much more attractive to buy.

1,140 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tracy DuckettTracy Duckett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Renato LausRenato Laus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree.
    It doesnt make any sense that (according to the table in FAQ section) UK customers' apparel orders are shipped from UK but european customers' are shipped from USA...
    Why?? We have to wait longer and incur in custom fees that doesnt surely incentivize us to buy apparel...
    please fix this!

• JordanRhysZubiJordanRhysZubi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The shipping is a big pain. The worldwide distribution would be great for the buyers & sellers, aswell as the company. #FreePromo

• mozzer1971mozzer1971 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Paying extra charges is a pain. The only way around it is to order items individually. Expensive either way!

• LH-DesignsLH-Designs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Red Bubble.....I would be overjoyed if you managed to sort out a manufacture point in the UK or somewhere in Europe. I would be so excited I could probably lift the lid off a mince pie. Clean off i tell you! It makes so much sense. There are other alternatives out there but I love everything about you guys and want to keep dealing with you. Please let us know when you think this might happen. Just give us some kind of sign.

• KyphrosKyphros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really a shame that RB doesn't have an office in Europe yet. I'm sure they could find great T-shirt manufacturers there too.

• Janys HydeJanys Hyde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree on all counts - print on demand here in Europe for European customers. Less customs' fees and faster delivery - less distance - my sense of 'green' and environmentally friendliness more satisfied. There are plenty of print-on-demand t-shirts available here, but I like the RB customer relationship better. I wouldn't be here fighting to get them to move into Europe if it wasn't that way.

• wigswigs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

further to my comment below I should mention that I order my tees for delivery in the UK.....

• wigswigs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My last tee cost me twice as much due to customs postage....if it is not the delay in getting the product then the added cost that is putting me off ordering another one...

don't get me wrong I love that I get unique designs, and I don't mind paying that little bit more but not sure it is all worth the hassle of chasing delivery and then the extra cost....

• Dreary NessDreary Ness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not agree - almost everything else I buy online has ridiculous postage because it comes from the US or Europe! I live in Australia and I think it's great that something is being made here. I get my cards printed in Shepparton! Google it! I'm happy that a factory in regional Australia is operating in a town that is not doing so well. So you have to wait, big deal... just order them sooner...so you have to pay a bit more... buy them elsewhere. Jez...

• TheDroTheDro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding T-shirts, I believe they are produced in the U.S. so having them printed wouldn't really save any miles from a environmental perspective. As for shipping time, from my experience, all my orders to Canada have gone through Germany (yes, US > Germany > Canada) with DHL which I find odd. If this is the case, orders from the UK might take just as long. Has anyone ordered to the UK and tracked their order

• barbpritbarbprit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. A package containing 1 t-shirt may 'slip through' customs, but any that do not bump up the price by a hefty 17.5%.

• krzystoffkrzystoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good sustainability initiative, but it will take time before many online businesses start to do business this way, RedBubble is no exception. Taxes, duties and shipping costs aside, they are a relatively small component of the price paid for most items (at least those not sourced from China), and we will invariably find the price you have to pay for a locally made item is often higher than one shipped from overseas. This is 100% the case for Australian-made product, and in the UK and Western Europe, clothing is more costly than in the USA. This is not likely to change anytime soon. Bear in mind also, the quality of the product is not going to be the same, e-tailers like RedBubble has a successful business model based on a consistent quality base AA shirt, for example -- shifting to suppliers elsewhere will alter the quality in unforceable ways and may disadvantage customers in some respects.

• MyArtefactsMyArtefacts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I (living in Australia) ordered a T-shirt as a birthday present for my daughter (living in the UK) around the 25th July which was shipped on 28th July. It was finally delivered to her on 16th August, and she had to pay £11.30 import VAT! From my point of view, the US is not really on the other side of the planet to the UK (Australia is on the other side of the planet to both!), but I agree that it would be better to have T-shirt printing in the UK/Europe to service that area of the world.

• A2daKA2daK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree..I placed an order on the 02/08/13 and the package is still en-route..yes that long what a disappointment. That is a wait over 10 days.I do understand this is mentioned on the RB site..but someone must look into this issue as a priority otherwise it might lose customers in the UK. That is not what I want as I do admire all the hard graft the artists have put in. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• GraemeHeddleGraemeHeddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. As a new member I was shocked at cost of p&p taking the cost of 2 postcards to almost £5, almost twice the cost of the cards themselves. I picked RedBubble because of its friendly look, professional design and ease of use, but as most of my potential customers are UK/mainland Europe based I'm not sure I'm going to make a lot of sales because of this. It's the only negative thing I've experienced about the site so far though and that can't be bad!

• RedGazeboRedGazebo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Tracy,

the Cargoplane will take off with or without your Stickers and its never fully loaded to its maximum capacity. Why ? Becouse the Mail must be delivered right on time. They Fly every Night and so there is absolutely nothing Green about if People now avoiding this Way of Shipping, its even the Opposite! The Less people are sending Mail by Plane the Less efficient this it is and the more Kerosine Fuel is just wasted since there is a Minimum Load of Kerosene the Plane MUST carry due to security reasons.

The Custom Charge ( you mean V.A.T. !? ) is part of the Game, and there is certain rules. If you stay below a certain Limit you can avoid them even totally. But otherwise, its Money to your Great British Government so they can Build Schools and Hospitals ( or Invade Countrys ). Im not a Big Fanboy of waiting but you know, all good things Take time. Try to be more Patient, it doesnt really matter when you put your stickers on. ;) ( just my 2 cents) RG

• KingGizmoKingGizmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a REALLY good idea! Red Bubble would take off in the UK market if more people knew about it!!

• Uttiya MajumdarUttiya Majumdar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and guys, please do not fight or threaten RB. We would not be here discussing this if not for them. play nice.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base