What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

CLEAR sticker option

Instead of printing on white backgrounds (and ruining some of the effect for designs) having the option to print on clear stickers would make for a great option.

1,509 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
albertotalbertot shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
24hoursayear24hoursayear shared a merged idea: Transparent background option when you buy a sticker  ·   · 
Amie WhitlockAmie Whitlock shared a merged idea: clear vinyl stickers and window decals  ·   · 

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • toxtethavengertoxtethavenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome idea posted over a year ago sitting right near the top of the ideas list, why the hell has this not been implemented yet?

• franxfranx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, or include the option of customizing the background color for the sticker just like the t-shirt. That way if the design is meant to have a dark background you can still put the sticker on a light colored surface without it looking weird.

• Crasher-AlphaCrasher-Alpha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I just bought a batch if stickers with a specific purpose in mind. I totally neglected the fact that the background is white. I'll find a new place for them but oh God they would've been perfect if the stickers were clear...

• lilacfawnlilacfawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! I really wanted to buy a ton of stickers to adorn my black suitcase with, but after realizing that they'd all have a white outline/background I'm a little discouraged. I'd pay more to have them with a clear background.

• PurpleSparkliesPurpleSparklies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really value this and/or the option to choose the background colour for stickers. Many of my best-selling designs are entirely in white and look great on a dark t-shirt, but I have to disable the sticker option because all that appears is a meaningless white-on-white blob.

My colourful designs usually sell as many stickers as shirts, so I could potentially double my sales for my all-white designs if this was an option. Thanks for suggesting it!

• DeviantSparkDeviantSpark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great and makes a lot of sense.The parts of images that are transparent on the t-shirts should also be transparent in the sticker.

• zblueszblues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I've got so many shirts that look good, but the stickers look terrible because of the white background.

• ERASE ARISEERASE ARISE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many have already said - I think having a dedicated option for sticker upload would solve this. Allow us to set a backround colour rather than taking the transparent artwork for a tee print please!

• mgordo17mgordo17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My dad gave me his ipad for my birthday and it's got this really great black leather cover for it. But it's so boring. Cool covers cost somewhere up to like $60. If I could get some stickers to decorate it that'd be great! I have some stickers in mind, but they are all white lettering. So, this option would be really great, then I can decorate the crapt out of my ipad cover for super cheaps. This is honestly the only reason I am hesitant on buying stickers from you guys.

• Luc LambertLuc Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Think problem is not white/clear backgrounds !
    I think two options can be greats :
    - special file for sticker
    - And customer can choice background (white, black, red, clear..)

• PickYerPoisonPickYerPoison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Speaking as someone with a black laptop, I've actually found myself holding off on purchasing stickers because of the forced white border, which would be high-contrast and would probably look a little strange. If transparent borders were added I would definitely lose most of my worries about purchasing!

• Chris ReesChris Rees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Or at least allow artists to upload complementary sticker artwork beside a t-shirt design, rather than limiting it to the t-shirt artwork or nothing. Most of my designs are targeted at dark t-shirts and the artwork is no good for current stickers.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base