What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Challenge Software for Written Works

RedBubble should build challenge software for written works

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ShadowDancerShadowDancer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Monica M. ScanlanMonica M. Scanlan shared a merged idea: We would like to set up challenges for our writers, giving them the same opportunities as the rest.  ·   · 

80 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • solareclips~Julie  Alexandersolareclips~Julie Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, this needs to be resolved!!! I host a group that would love to be able to run more writing challenges, but the current method can be a bit difficult to explain to people. Adding your written work as an image file makes the challenge about the background that your writing is on, and less about the penned word!

• pegesuspegesus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for some of us who are only writers, particularly, if you are a poet, that your words are not as valuable as an artist or photographer. i love pictures, and i write to fit the picture or vise versa....but i also write just for the love of writting without using graphics...just expressing my feelings or stories....but im finding people tend to read my words only when there is a graphic to get their attention....how sad that the written word has come to this....yes RB writers deserve to be recognised for their own abilities as well.

• Maree CardinaleMaree Cardinale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it should already be in place. Why isn't it RB? It looks like people have been asking for this for awhile.

• MaralynSpeakingMaralynSpeaking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why I can't find Writing Challenges as a SPECIFIC category. Creating a .jpg title page for a non-art challenge is a perversion. I'd like a way to clearly identify what Challenge a writing work is created for so that browsers of one's portfolio will know the context of its creation.

• Luke BrannonLuke Brannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Flowers, there have been some work arounds like you suggest but ultimately until writers have both a challenge system and a market on RedBubble they are second class citizens. Using the photograph method does not present the poem to the voters unless they click through.

• FlowersEtcFlowersEtc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, a program would be nice for written works. In the meantime any group can do challenges for written works like we do in "Featured Writers".

Put a link in a picture and post the picture in the challenge. That may help some of you while we wait for a program. :)

• Russell HolderRussell Holder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to see RB actively attempting to aid support of the groups, that in turn support RB, and everything that has come about by involvement within the construct of RB. Responding to such a request is to ensure a working nature between the groups, contributors and Administrators is activity continuing in a forward manner, and keeping it functional should be the goal all along. Aid for those who in turn aid you! Since I'm hoping to start a group, myself, with RB approval... to see a minor request such as this resolved would truly convey a supportive reaction to a desire to make this more functional. I thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base