What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Block Member Function

The ability to stop another member from contacting you by bubblemail, commenting on your work, or adding you to their watch list.

538 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robin BrownRobin Brown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

222 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • slitheenplanetslitheenplanet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this. If only it were possible to stop people from reporting your work for copyright. Someone keeps reporting mine even though it's almost completely different from something they've done.

• Melanie ColletteMelanie Collette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Tom Broderick would like to tell all on here what he wrote to me in my inbox, I'm sure people would agree with me that I was in my right to defend myself.

Tom, yes, you did indeed apologise, but those apologies were laced with condescension. I told you I thought your comments on my images, for example, and I quote:

"Bad angle of you in this. Makes you look fat." (crass, don't you think?)

and

"Just don’t let it get into your head. To many of you just think your cute."

were rude, and lacked fair objective critique, to which you responded with an apology, at the same time as accusing me of not taking my own shots, that I loved myself, and that I should 'learn how to spell'???? I then reported that conversation.

I have never had to do that, not even once on here.

So, you coming here trying to reign in support for the block aid is rather ridiculous.

• Tom Broderick IPATom Broderick IPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the block policy is great. As I made comments to ones pictures did not swear. Just gave my opinon of her work. She mailed me with an attack. Told her I was sorry that I upset her. For me that was it but she mailed back with more negative comments. So I reported her for general reasons. Not a hate full man. Been here many years so I have gotten comments I don't like but did not attack that person. I learned from them. Anyways asked that she be blocked from contacting me. Now I see you cant. And yes I know the play nice policy. But if you cant comment the truth of something you see what is the point of a comment. To say its a great shot but is not helps no one. So tell it like it is and learn from it. Thomas Broderick

• Rookwood Studio ©Rookwood Studio © commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please can we have this function. I absolutely adore my association with Red Bubble......I talk about how wonderful a medium it is in my public lectures.......but when someone latches on to you, and you really want them to stop following you on Red Bubble, then there is no quick way of blocking them out of your life and stop the sick feeling you get in your stomach. It is a lot to wait for an administration team to step in.

It would make a world of difference to have the ability to block someone out of commenting and emailing you direct. With all due respect to the community, sometimes, while nothing 'bad' has happened, you just don't want 'that' person looking at your stuff....in all my time here I have only wanted to block 3 people......and only one of them I have been able to stop.

So, pretty please can we have one!?

Rookwood Studio

• Roxy JRoxy J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed. A block button is the norm on pretty much every site so why haven't RB got around to doing this!

• SEspiderSEspider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blocks however should not go torward the reporting Inappropriate Content option. If it did then Trolls would just block everyone from reporting their hate/stolen designs, etc.

• SEspiderSEspider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I soooooo would vote for this. However, since I joined I've only gotten 3 votes and now I'm out. How does a person get more votes?

• Claudia DingleClaudia Dingle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I found that 3 "people" added ads with links to my works/journal entries. There should be a way to report these trolls!

• Fern BlackerFern Blacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and various websites worldwide provide us with the facility of blocking unwanted viewers. Why can't Redbubble provide us with this ?

• michael mmichael m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a block function. otherwise members remain open to all forms of abuse without being offered any kind of protection

• H M BascomH M Bascom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the top 3 suggestions but little chance RB will act on the overwhelming support this suggestion has with the community.

• DJ JarakDJ Jarak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You really should add a block feature. There is a member who is starting problems with me and I get the feeling he's not going to stop anytime soon.

• Roger MannRoger Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to rid myself of three tiresome trolls. Their comments are unnecessarily negative and irritating and fly in the face of all other comments I receive. Please consider a blocking function - people like this just muddy the water for those of us who are here for more positive reasons.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base