What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

New Product Page Preview

Your New Product Page Preview that is in Beta at present, concerns me.

As a moderator of a group that requires certain information to be written in the blurb of the shot, the new system requires a lot more work for us to be able to moderate. Under this system, each shot would require us to open up the description fully to be able to see if the image complies with out rules. Is there no way to avoid having to do this?

950 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Clive SClive S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

453 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John ButlerJohn Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that your new changes have taken the "community" feeling completely out of Redbubble. I certainly have favorites and there are many artists that I visit often, but I thoroughly enjoy browsing through the recent photos on the bubblesite and commenting on them. That won't happen, anymore. Too bad. As always, if we choose to keep using RB we will get used to the changes, for better . . . or worse.

• Carole-AnneCarole-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I press the 'Show All' link on my list of groups it doesn't !!!!! I have tried several times - no joy at all. So I can't get to the majority of groups I am in.
    Also after having been to a group to read a message or whatever the red number stays put so that it looks like I still need to check that group, but I've already done it - very poor detailing; apart from the horrendous changes overall.

• SassafrasSassafras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if the site was more
    > User Friendly and
    > More Intuitive
    As is, I still find it very clumsy to navigate around. Please , please. Fix this once and for all.
    Thank you.
    ~sassafras

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was doing a redbubble survey recently and noticed it mentioned laptop covers/cases. I instantly went looking for them but couldnt find any. is it going to be an item in the future? by laptop covers i mean the simple neoprene ones with a zip. im looking for one in 13.3"

• funkypiefunkypie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Click full description' seems almost entirely pointless. There is no important information beneath it, just user comments, so why is it contracted at all? I think it would be best to just show the whole thing, let designers decide how much information they want to show under their products...

• Clive SClive S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RB - please comment at least that you have seen this request and give us your thoughts... even if there is nothing that can be done, but please don't just ignore us!

• sweenysweeny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is time you stopped messing around with the site, there was nothing wrong with the old set up. It seems people just get used to the site, then you go and change everything around, then we have to start learning how to use it all over again! If you are not going to change it back to how it was, then please leave it as it is. Most people do not like change!

• Odille Esmonde-MorganOdille Esmonde-Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did like the down the side description, which also showed when you'd bee favourited etc, much better than the current clumsy interface. I have added the words PLEASE CLICK THE FULL DESCRIPTION BUTTON to the top of all my descriptions, but it is a clunky and ugly fix.

• Clive SClive S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if you read any of the 924 posts below yours, you will see what is causing the concern :)

• talkinrocktalkinrock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be real honest, I love the new layout a hell of a lot better than the old one. Granted, I'm not an artist myself nor am I the host of any group, so I can't speak from either of those types of user's points of views. However, as a customer and a "normal/casual" user, it really makes browsing and discovering new artwork (especially that of whatever artist you're currently viewing) far simpler than before.

But I am curious however, as to specifically why this new layout is such a nuisance to many of you... Can someone please briefly explain this to me? Thanks!

• ArtChancesArtChances commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New does not allways mean great...Some times it best to listen to your artist and then think,,what was RB doing when there was more Artist here?What was RB doing when art was being sold more? NEW is not Best always.

• Sandra Bauser Digital ArtSandra Bauser Digital Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been with RB since 2009 and loved the way I could tweak my product page just the way I liked it. Well, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! I'm all for "out with the old and in with the new" but there is that old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!" I am now so annoyed at how my product pages look that it's not even fun anymore to post my new artwork! You guys have screwed up the feng shui...I am now all out of balance. Please, please give us the option to use it or not.

• steppelandsteppeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

coming in here after a month, because I still feel this is a main issue, that bothers an irritates me me every day. While many of the changes are really good, the loss of directly visible description-space is NOT! And even though I try to make the best of the new situation with the new work I upload, I possibly can't re-edit the descriptions of all the work that is already there... As I said : it bothers and makes me feel sad for all the (now useless) work put in the descriptions, every time I see it - which indeed, is daily...

• jammingenejammingene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I am trying to edit an image, where it says images files..I click on the replace image button and it brings up choose your file button. I click on this button and it does not work. I wish red bubble would quit changing things every week

• Damienne BinghamDamienne Bingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RB, thank you for addressing the issue of displaying work stats - that is a great baby step. But you have chosen to ignore the ACTUAL issue that people are concerned with. Our descriptions need to be more effectively displayed, the more I use this new layout the more it irritates me that the description is below the image.

If I choose to display the entire description, I then have to scroll down and down and down to get to the comments - IF the description is to be left truncated, then a better idea would be to have a button that also shrinks the description after it has been displayed, rather than just leave it open - as it stands it is Very unwieldy.

That is just the practical issue, in a personal sense - we miss our descriptions, our ability to customize the look of our pages and add information or images that enhance our pieces.

Those things are integral to what made RB so good - why take away one of the best features of your site?

I'd like to hear some new stats - have sales increased? Has exposure increased? Please keep us up to date with what is going on!

And as waxyfrog below just said - the edit button being so close to the mybubble link is excrutiatingly annoying - slight adjustment to that would be simple and make RB slightly more bearable and user friendly!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base