What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Google Analytics / Better Stats for Artists

Enable users to track their pages using Google Analytics.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathan EggersJonathan Eggers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • glyphobetglyphobet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! This is awesome.

One small point: It appears that my own views of my own works are counted in Google Analytics. You should disable this (just don't include the Google Analytics code in the page if a work, store, or category is being viewed by its owner). When I post new works I tend to reload the pages a lot to make sure the description and links to other works are correct, and this screws up my Google analytics.

• Igor ZeninIgor Zenin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Russell! Long awaited feature that will greatly benefit all artists and RB itself!

• dorkitudedorkitude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love an update on this. Shouldn't be too hard to let us enter a GA ID (like Zazzle does), then on RedBubble's side you could just add an iframe to each of our store pages, right?

• James ZickmantelJames Zickmantel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya you should just need to enter your GA Tracker Id in the profile somewhere. Again not extremely challenging from a programmatic standpoint still it might be word complicated with RBs tracking as well.
    Now days the code is more like this...
    var _gaq = _gaq || [];
    _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-????????-1']);
    _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script');
    ga.type = 'text/javascript';
    ga.async = true;
    ga.src = '//www.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
    s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    })();
    And you just have to Push all the GA Tracker IDs you want, so RBs first then the User's if they have one... done.

• Igor ZeninIgor Zenin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on Google Analytics roll out? I also see on my page Google Analytics javascript.... but I see no options in my account setup to enter my GA id to start tracking my traffic.

When it will be rolled out and available to RB users?

• ANewKindOfWaterANewKindOfWater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This javascript is already on my page:
    try {
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-322978-1");
    pageTracker._setDomainName(".redbubble.com");
    pageTracker._addIgnoredRef(".redbubble.com");
    pageTracker._setCookieTimeout("604800");

pageTracker._trackPageview();
    } catch(err) {}
    ----------

Is UA-322978-1 my ggl analytics tracking number? Google analytics claims the code isn't in the page.

• SD SmartSD Smart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful and seems to be sought after by many users. Any updates since the previous plan to implement this early this year?

• Jason D. LaderouteJason D. Laderoute commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Clive Yes Indeed, it would be a valuable application for concerned artist, expecially when you start seeing your ART being display on misc' websites, or available to the public without explaination or permission. Especially to see who has right clicked or whether they copied your Jpg image would be a firm evidence to not only pay attention to those who have done so but give you an advantage to investigate and gather data to build a case so that when Copyright infringement occurs you have the INDICATIVE Data available to slaughter perpetrators, in a court of Law, I have worked extremely hard and applied myself both time wise and financially to establish myself as an artist, being able to Network with other Artist has been a blessing by and large in ways I won't explain here, now having the ability to Display my art to the Public is a wonderful opportunity, but being able to protect my copyright and do my own homework to catch the THIEVING REPROBATE before a major Loss would be an EXTREMELY valuable asset. it would be one thing if I caught someone in my region red handed, the Law here would leave the crook wearing a barrel especially if a business or corporate entity was involved. All of My Art is documented very well, before it hits the Online Audience,
    @Roger Barnes I think it would be beneficial for people to be up on these aspects Roger, certainly for the average point and shooter posting pictures this may not mean a whole lot to, but for those who have maybe gone the extra step and have considerably applied themselves and are aggressively investing in their passion the Google Analytic s process is definitely a valuable tool ;O)

• Jon WinstonJon Winston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I can see the Google Analytics account: UA-322978-1 in the html on each page and the owner of that is redbubble. Hopefully soon?

• Mui-Ling TehMui-Ling Teh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People may have other means of stealing work other than right-clicking... It may not necessarily be the first thing they resort to.

• Clive SClive S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jason I think it is a great idea, but would suggest that possibly you be made aware of someone trying to right-click and save your image? Is that not what you are concerned about?

• Jason D. LaderouteJason D. Laderoute commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are other peoples thoughts on this.... I have far more than I can easily share and many I am not going to disclose.

• Yuliya ArtYuliya Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Peter! are there any updates about analytics? Cannot wait for it, it is such a great feature!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base