What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Featured works are recognised with a note/badge

Featured works could display a small note or badge in the description area to show which featured galleries it is a part of

443 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jo O'BrienJo O'Brien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura RetyiLaura Retyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a members who has been on RB for over 3 years and not once has her work been featured on Explore, she is popular, is in many groups has many features but NEVER EXPLORE WHY

• lilynoellelilynoelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll never understand why people don't like banners. ;) To me they are symbols of achievement and participation. They don't clutter up space - what else is going to go in that space? I LOVE them. I'll always vote to have them! As a co-host of 5 groups, I also love GIVING them out, and I would hate to think that people receiving them wish they weren't there.

• EJ27EJ27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a member since June of 2010, and I have had only one of my photos featured. And I don`t even know why or how that happened. When I come onto the page and look at all of the other photos, every single one of them are featured. Mine are always accepted. I am very happy about the one feature, but how do others get featured in two hours? I have asked other hosts and other photographers, but I just do not get it. Please, could someone just explain what I have to do, or does it depend on my work? If my photos are not feature material, I would appreciate knowing. That is my question. Thank you, EJ27

• mariatheresamariatheresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could display a sample greeting card or framed print on the view page of my work just like what I see in other Redbubble members. How do i do that? Help me please. Thank you. maria theresa

• Brad GroveBrad Grove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All web sites like these are database driven anyway. All the data is already there. I am really tired of having to manually create statistics (static and unlinked) of informatiion for images which should be displayed by default (or as an option). Display of the number of features, views and favourites should be per image (if optioned) and for each artists main page (if optioned).

• JanieKJanieK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, maybe it would reduce the 'need' for banners in comments (not a big fan of those). A small badge or something of recognition under image or t-shirt descriptions would be cool :o)

• Kasia-DKasia-D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be such a great improvement and time saver, advertising feature!!

Gets my vote

PS: Sooo pleased that my votes became free as two other suggestions have been implemented. So keep up the good work, RB!

• steppelandsteppeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great! Then we wouldn't have to add 'featured'-info manually any more in the artworks description! :)

• Jen WaltmonJen Waltmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think banners are great and are the perfect way to recognize the fantastic work of the members! :)

• Johanne BrunetJohanne Brunet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, and I forgot to add (replying to Alienfunk's comment) that while it is indeed easy to delete banners from the comments. However, there are often comments from the group administrator with the banner in the same post, so we are stuck between deleting the nice words or keeping the banner that we don't want...

• Johanne BrunetJohanne Brunet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this would be great, especially if we have the option to choose between using this feature or letting large group banners being posted in our comments (which I personally dislike). I would rather collect small classy feature badges rather than large flashy images, but I know that a lot of people like the colourful banners too, so they should be able to choose.

• DreddArtDreddArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

***I'm looking forward to this being done sooner rather than later, as there is currently a growing tendency towards glittery banners (shivers!) ***
    couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• alienfunkalienfunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also run a group and its nice for members to contribute to a banner especially as it helps to get them recognised and possibly a sale out of it. Don't take our banners away from us or the groups I like collecting different banners from different groups and turning RB into some uniformed dictatorship will just spoil RB. Does RB not stand for art and artist individuality, if there are people who don't like banners maybe you can come up with a box they can mark or tick which stops them from being added. The thing is people can delete them from their comments anyway so I don't see what the fuss is about. Just people having a moan as usual. Have they nothing better to do?

• alienfunkalienfunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like banners for work that is featured or for winning a challenge from the individual group it shows that you are a member of that group and have had work recognised and the banner is like an achievement. I don't however like it when I get a banner just thanking me for entering work in to the group in a way advertising the group on my comments page and it feels a bit like spam.

• Robin KingRobin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this IF the display could be included as part of the list of groups the image resides in, for example: if the image is featured in the "Groupie Group" then there'd be a way to tell that, through the color of the Group title text of the word, "FEATURED," or something else that would be low-key and automatic. It would be activated when the actual featuring takes place. No banner, no picture to rival the image, nothing but a text color or extra word (or both). I don't know anything about coding or programming, but that list of groups is always fluid. If we add to a group the group name appears, and if we take the image from a group the group name diaappears. So it _seems_ like having a "FEATURED" plug-in kind of thing ought to be possible?

If it's more banners or pictures, then I don't think want to see it, esp. if I have no control over it.

• Fiery-FireFiery-Fire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best idea ever !!!
    There should be two types of badges, that's what I'm thinking.
    First badge, more common one, yet important would indicate that the artwork is featured in the RB group (this is sorta a member-host badge)
    And the second badge - 'the big' one, should be added when the work receives the highest honor of being featured on the RB HomePage.
    The second badge would be great for more then one reason, the repetition of works chosen for HP would be solved (as right now, the only way to do that is to look for HP jpg banner post in comments) and that is time consuming as anything.
    And also - people who make HP - that image is their pride and joy, of being a part of RB, there should be a clear sign for it !! :)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base