What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Square Cards

Its very frustrating - when many photographers today shoot in this format/ crop to this format 1

356 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
clydeessexclydeessex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Susan100Susan100 shared a merged idea: Since you have such a high standard of images on RedBubble, I am sure many contributors would like an opportunity to print square cards - p  ·   · 
Louise LeGresleyLouise LeGresley shared a merged idea: Cards in a Square Format  ·   · 

75 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • heatherjoyheatherjoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a wonderful addition to RB options, and make a lot of artists happy (including me!)

• Ruth S HarrisRuth S Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please make square cards available! As a format it is much more modern and many artists create square works which look terrible on standard cards.

• Susan100Susan100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you have such a high standard of images on RedBubble, I am sure many
    contributors would like an opportunity to print square cards - perhaps of a
    larger size. There are large format designer cards in the shops right now
    which people can keep and mount in frames after their original purpose for
    greetings which makes the extra outlay worthwhile. It would be grand if you
    could offer this option - 'special occasion cards'. Alternatively offer
    a choice of crop or not - as Photobucket/Qoop do???

• Susie RaineSusie Raine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a retail shop and many of the cards are square. So square would be good.

But then, if RB was interested in "competing with card shops" it would
    a) position sqare images on portrait shape cards and not landscape as it does now (looks much better, trust me)
    b) make the larger cards industry standard at 5" x 7".
    The current 5" x 7.5" DOES NOT fit in card racks! (either horizontal or vertical)

PS - you can 'force' RB to postition your square image on a vertical card by making the height just a fraction taller than the width.

• MendipBlueMendipBlue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doing some research in card shops it appears that the photo cards that I prominently displayed are all square.

We need to be able to compete with card shops and it is clear that the public (our customers) want to go square!

• jmnowakjmnowak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone! A few years ago I produced my own square cards and they got rave reviews (tiny but beautiful). I think availability in three sizes -- small, medium, large -- is the ideal way to go! Am giving this the full three votes!

• FaireUnVoeuFaireUnVoeu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect square cards? This cannot be that hard to do. We cannot compete with other sites and card shops unless we keep up with current trends. Square cards are extremely popular and we are missing a lot of sales by not offering them.

• Peter StrattonPeter Stratton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! Roughly 1/3 of my images are in square format. Being so, cropping them to fit any of the existing formats, except for calendars, doesn't utilize the full image to advantage, or necessitates cropping it to such an extent I don't want to present it.

• Philip MitchellPhilip Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the UK more greetings cards are sold per head of population than in most other developed countries. Go into any good card shop and square format cards are in danger of out-numbering rectangular formats. This shows the strength of the market for the square format.

• Rita BlomRita Blom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE! add a square card choice. They sit much better when displayed instead of slip sliding away! Would also suit more of my work.

• Christine  WilsonChristine Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So no implementation likely in the first half of 2010, now were in the first half of 2011 is there likely be any further action in this regard

• maremariemaremarie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so nice to hear what is currently being done to implement this - or if it's still on the " to do" list. Thank you! :-)

• natalie angusnatalie angus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a wonderful idea, some photos really suit a square crop, but they don't look good on the rectangular card. Please give this some more thought. Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base