What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Limited Edition Signed Prints

I know the logistics of this would perhaps be a nightmare but as a photgraphic artist I know that the only thing that makes my work truely valuable is limited availability and having the work signed.
I like the idea of having a "mass produced" gallery and a "Limited Edition & Signed" gallery for the general publics consumption!
Also having the choice on how we would want our Limited Edition Prints presented would be nice too... Matte, Gloss, Metallic etc...

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Louis VillaniPaul Louis Villani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon AberleSimon Aberle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it at all possible to fix the challenge image glitch to show the whole picture, as intended, rather than having a black strip across the bottom, and the top cut off?

• Stephen VecchiottiStephen Vecchiotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LImited edition means nothing unless you are famous and although some of us are great photographers, none of us (at least not now) fit into that category or we would not be here in the first place.

• Steve ChappleSteve Chapple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes paul, good idea. When running an exhibition I do limited number series signed...that way that get one of a limited number of my works carrying the number, year and signature. RB is just used at the moment as a small income from multiple (non originals if you know what I mean) I like the concept...

• John RobbJohn Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is another photographic art site out there that does limited edition prints with authentication certificates. The cool thing is that, I believe, the price increases as customers purchase more of the print run and that a customer can purchase the rights to the whole print run if they are prepaired to pay the price.

• Norman RepacholiNorman Repacholi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, would also be good to have a ticker on the ltd edition art page showing how many editions are left, what the total series is etc.

• SdeVaraxSdeVarax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sounds great actually, atm I'm arranging certain works to be ordered via myself...would be lovely to make it through RB if we arrange for limited editions.

• Michael AlesichMichael Alesich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be good just as a sale option. as in:
    This work is not for sale

Make this work available to purchase...

Make this work available as a limited edition purchase...

• Rosalie DaleRosalie Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds good to me - buyers at exhibitions are more likely to buy limited editions so if it isn't too much of a logistical nightmare, the two galleries makes sense to me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base