What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

Is there a chance?

Of making available to logged in members only, some of the things we'd become used to, like new members, one day popular writing, new journals, sales, general forums etc? These don't need to be seen by non members, but would be appreciated by those who are used to the "community of redbubble"

197 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mel BrackstoneMel Brackstone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Russell GreenwoodAdminRussell Greenwood (Admin, redbubble) responded  · 

The updates made to the community page to add back in journals etc. are all we will be doing in regards to this in the near future.

In response to the people asking about updates in these forums, there was a lapse of a month or so where we had dropped the ball here, but we’ve got a few people monitoring them now and we’re trying to get back to responding where we can in a timely fashion.

59 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mel BrackstoneMel Brackstone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Russell, I realise there's been a little bit of upheaval, good to know you've got people watching the feedback again!
    Cheers

• Mel BrackstoneMel Brackstone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much to redbubble for giving us some of these on the community page again, being able to see the journals and recent forums does help! Cheers!

• MarjorieBMarjorieB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, yes, I've had a major sale, my first, and that is thrilling--but only the one, and I can't be sure if that was because of the new format, or because I've started doing some marketing on my own.... I'm not sure just what it is that I dislike most about the new interface: the ugly cropped-square display of all work, the lack of a page-number selector for browsing an artist's work, the fact that half the time my work doesn't show up in searches in spite of my using the specific tags I attached to it, or the awkward way I have to click through a bunch of links to find the rules for any group I haven't submitted to in a while. What I miss most of all is the sense of friendship and community. I sense that many of my friends are groping through the site looking for one another, as I am doing, with the little energy that is left after the holiday season. Many other friends, however, seem to have disappeared. Some whose work I really admired have not posted anything since November. Such a loss.I'm giving this the only two votes I have left.

• Victoria DeMoreVictoria DeMore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it entertaning that people who work for RB (including Troy in this Help discussion response http://support.redbubble.com/discussions/questions/14024-a-few-minor-ideas-for-the-website) are even as much as directing members to this forum that is never watched, moderated, or updated. It's a slap in the face. The member kindly asked how to submit ideas for RB and he was told to come here to share them. Yeah, it's nice because we all get to read them but how are the ideas being used? Are they being read? To me, that is what is killing the community feel more than anything.

• madworldmadworld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Three votes here, if it ever actually registrars. I miss everyone, I miss the community ( which to me was one of the biggest drawcards). I dont bother much anymore, I hate the way my images are sorted ( ie, no order ), the slowness is painful, I usually log in and log out, sometimes logging in takes so long I dont bother. I feel we have been kicked in the teeth, they say they will fix problems, but its been weeks now and nothing has happened. People are leaving in their droves and Im nearly at the stage where Im about to follow...and Id really like to stay. Fingers crossed

• Victoria DeMoreVictoria DeMore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would vote if I had more votes! If RB EVER would moderate these ideas on this forum and actually accept, finish, reject or do SOMETHING with member ideas, and I get votes back, I will contribute to this idea. For anyone also sick of not hearing ANYTHING from RB on here, visit and comment or vote http://feedback.redbubble.com/forums/3434-feedback/suggestions/1229159-the-quest-for-updates-and-moderation-of-this-seemi I mean, the odd update on some popular topics discuss implementing changes by the beginning of 2010! So, does that mean the last time someone from RB moderated this was about a year ago?

• wildwomenlovewildwomenlove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen such a huge drop of artists since the launch...each art inspires the other, and the loss of writing as a platform has affected all...the site used to be so beautiful and now it is so not...sad really...it has lost it's soul...I realize that art needs to be sold, but it is art after all, and should be presented as such to encourage sales...the old bubble was much more beautiful...the community spirit is slowly dying, and without it there is no red bubble...I wish our voices could be heard...go Mel...I vote with you...

• Julie L. HoddinottJulie L. Hoddinott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its got my 3 votes. I would like to see it all brought back - period, but if it needs privacy for the sake on non members - then, that will do. RB's communuty spirit died along with the launch of the latest changes [the most unpopular move voiced my the membership in the whole time that I have been here], and although sales, exposure or whatever may be up - my guess is, that everyone will see the real "death of the community" after the Christmas period is over. Sure, you can fix it then, but will it recover???? My guess is - not fully - unless something is done now.

• LindaRLindaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand RB is a business - intended to enable everyone to market and sell. However, your largest clientele is the community of artists, poets, writers, photographers. I have seen a significant change since the latest version release in terms of participation - a huge slowing down. If we continue to lose those who we have enjoyed & contributed here, made this a community worth being part of and - yes, clientele - then we will (or have) reached a "tipping point" and action needs to be taken! There is a opportunity to listen & act, please, before it's too late.

• Anthony MancusoAnthony Mancuso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the new site but we must get the community feel back! It's lost a bit of that unfortunately. Good luck Mel..

• Victoria McGuireVictoria McGuire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The RB community and its beautiful art is what makes it special for me, not just selling my work. True, it is important for sales to be made through RB; many artists earn a tidy income from their sales here, and without an income RB itself would fold. But keeping the RB community spirit alive and well is of paramount importance to the majority of us.

• Juilee  PryorJuilee Pryor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you just got my very last vote... but hey the way RB has expressed it's contempt for its users with this swift and shonky new shop set up I don't think I'm going to be very bothered with the place much anymore anyway....

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base