Ideas

Welcome to Ideas, the gathering place for new product and website ideas for RB!

You are welcome to read, vote and add your own new ideas.

For help using the Redbubble website or general questions, visit our support forum: http://support.redbubble.com/home

We review and respond to ideas regularly – this helps us keep improving our offer to you. To help us provide feedback, please be constructive and provide specific examples which make it easy for us to understand the idea.

How it works:
1. Search for an idea (someone may have the same idea)
2. Create a new idea (if it does not yet exist)
2. Vote for ideas! You get 100 votes but can only vote for the same idea 3 times.

You will be notified when we respond or update an idea.

What are your new ideas for Redbubble?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. "Reviews" Tab in Product Details page gives wrong impression about product design as it' not applicable to design

I look at the page with my t-shirt (e.g. http://www.redbubble.com/people/expana/works/13139658-cat-aiko-with-yarn-ball-and-friends).

Below the design I see my logo and tabs "Product Info", "Reviews", etc.

Reviews tab displays a number and stars. It gives an impression that stars and reviews are feedback for my product (design), which is not the case - it's for a t-shirt as a 'material', not for a t-shirt with my design.

The Reviews tab provides the wrong impression about my design. E.g. When it displays 4 of 5 stars, it looks like it's how my design was evaluated.

Can you fix this please?

As an option,…

578 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE, 26 June:
    Hi again, sorry for the delay in fixing this, we’re currently waiting on our reviews provider to finish some updated functionality that we’ll be using to make it more obvious that reviews are about products and not works. If you vote here, I’ll update this idea as I have more info.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We’re the first to acknowledge that we need to do a better job of explaining to customers exactly what the review they’re reading is about. We’re currently working on an update to the layout / information within the reviews tab that makes it clearer that these are general reviews about a product type, and not specifically reviews about the exact design+product they are currently seeing.

Happy to continue to collect more feedback here while we’re working on fine tuning reviews.

2. Please return "totaled" portfolio stats

Would it be possible to return the "Totaled" stats for an artists portfolio page? Just the overall view of totaled "Sales / Comments / Favorites / Views" that was at the top of the page in the old portfolio view. Many artists including myself found it very useful, I just don't know how it would be an improvement to get rid of those stats.

422 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE 26 June
    Apologies, I didn’t realise voting would be disabled if I marked this as ‘not yet’. You can now add your votes to this idea again to keep track of it and I’ll update with more info as soon as I can.

We’ll sort out the stats ASAP (Just probably not over the weekend).

Cheers, and thanks for your patience.

Hi there – we hear you. We won’t be putting them back immediately, but I’ll keep you updated as to when. In the meantime, feel free to setup Google Analytics on your account to get even better insights and stats on your works. https://www.redbubble.com/account/settings/analytics

3. Beach & Bath Towels As A New Product Categogy

I think towels are familiar and necessary to most people around the world. The artistic prints offered at RB would look great on everything from small wash cloths to large beach towels. A simple drop menu determines the desired size, and cloth color. Let's make it happen RB community!! Vote for Beach & Bath Towels as a product category. Everything looks really great so far. Thank you!!

602 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You guys seriously need an app!

This is honestly one of the best clothing and accessory website I've ever been to. It's not cheap material, it's not expensive and it's all of my favorite groups. I plan on buying from you guys often and it would be a hell of a lot easier if I had the app on my phone.

1,189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. t-shirts with an all over design

the design covers the entire shirt, front back and sides ....

328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fashionable Socks!

I see that crazy, designed socks are in style now-a-days! It would be amazing to be able to buy some customized, original artwork on socks. Socks are the new craze; everyday I see people with their pants rolled up exposing funky designs that keep toes warm. I think it's the perfect product for sales, since normal in-store retailers can't offer the same originality or creativity that Redbubble can. If we have leggings, why can't we have socks? Lets make this happen!

652 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow designs to be printed on front and back

I think it would be a fantastic idea to have the ability to print on both the front and the back. Also being able to upload a different design for either side too (e.g. small logo/name on front and larger art on back or vise versa).

From my previous experience of working at a screen printer, many companies & local clients request to get small tit prints of their logos on the front of a garment and large art sometimes with their business contact details on the back. If you guys make this possible at an affordable rate, then more…

549 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bulk edit for background color

It is annoying having to click in every product to set a background color when we think there is only one suitable color to set.
    Or because we want to have a continuity in the background color in each product of a photo or a painting (drawing).

If you would want to have this implemented by RB, please vote.
    Thank you

384 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom mouse pads~

It would be great to see your favorite art every time you go to your computer and motivate you to troll the internet. Get your top scientist on this project RedBubble!

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about a “mirroring” option for repeats?

We love that RB will do automatic repeats for duvets, scarves, etc., but they only offer two options: grid and vertical brick by brick. It would be a fantastic addition if there was a mirroring option. And 4-way mirror would be awesome for scarves!

413 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prints on Umbrellas!

Owning an umbrella with unique artwork on it doesn't only give a little more cheer to a dreary day, but it also sets a great fashion statement!

418 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fridge magnets

I want to buy redbubble art in fridge magnet format so much I could pee.

484 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Throw Blanket/Blanket

I know you guys have Duvet Covers, but am confuse on what they are. Are they an actual blanket of some sort?

It would be nice (also in price too) if you offer real bed blankets. The sheet version, or the heavy quilt one, that goes over the sheet.

Or offer those nice ' walking around ones'. You know, where people turn into ' capes' and walk around in house with, while watching TV, or cooking or something. XD

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I definitely think RB should do bookmarks of designs because I’d buy loads and there’s so many book lovers out there.

They could sell like as part of Greeting Cards and Postcards and also discount them by how many you buy! It’s definitely a good idea and I’d love to buy bookmarks with all the beautiful artwork on this website! Any thoughts?

286 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More Skirts

We have pencil skirts now, but how about a skater style skirt that's more casual and more everyday!

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Go back to American Apparel t-shirts

I've bought t-shirts from Redbubble for the past 5 years or so, mainly because of the unique designs on the site, but also because they are the best fitting and best quality t-shirts I have ever found.

Until now. These new 'STANLEYSTELLA' t-shirts are nowhere near as good quality as American Apparel. The stitching doesn't look as good, and the fitting is tiny. I'm normally a LARGE but this t-shirt, size 'L' is more like a medium. And the sleeves are more like a small.

Please go back to AA.

908 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User Friendly Group Submissions

Lots of good changes in Manage Portfolio but the Group Submissions section when uploading or editing is extremely small, time-consuming and fiddly. The Group Avatars which helped identify the groups have gone.
    This discouarages artists to submit to more than a few groups at a time.
    As a group host I'm concerned we will get even less submissions and there is less reason to have Group Avatars and related challenges.

Please increase the size of the Group Submissions area and make more information available rather than less to help members submit quickly and correctly. Thank you!

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we’ll be fixing up this layout issue ASAP (obviously not over the weekend though, sorry).
    Vote on this idea and I’ll update it when I have more info to send through.

18. Coaster

Picture this, you have a lot of people over and you don't want to get those moisture rings on your brand new coffee table. You get out your new coasters you ordered from redbubble and all your pals are instantly impressed. "Wow these are so different and unique!" "I didn't know you were into artsy things." You're instantly popular and everyone's purchasing your stuff.
    Coasters! Seriously, think about it.

308 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CLEAR background for stickers!

I know this has been suggested before but it was back in 2013 so I'm just refreshing the idea. You guys neeeeed clear backgrounds for the stickers! Totally willing to pay extra as I'm sure lots of other people are judging from the last post on this subject. The white backgrounds kill me, they completely cheapen the sticker in my opinion (sorry for being so blunt) and it's part of the reason that I have not bought from your website yet. But you guys definitely have the best designs so if they had a clear background option I'd be buying…

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Badges

So I'd love something I can keep around and show off all the time, wherever I go.
    Stickers are great, but they don't stick very well to everything, and as for shirts, well, I can only wear one at a time.
    I've got a few small button badges on my bag, and I think it would be awesome if we were able to buy little (or less little, whatever) round badges we can pin on things (just with a laminate-type surface and with a safety pin backing, nothing too fancy).
    What does everyone else think?

481 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 136 137
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base